This life of mine
Sunday, April 16, 2006
  A good memory
On my second trip to Logan George took me into the hardware store downtown. He warned me before we went in that it was a 'guy place' and, because he knew everyone who either worked there or was a customer, there was likely to be some 'chewing the fat' going on for a while and if I got bored I might like to head over to Julie's Cafe for a coffee.

So, we go in, George wanders up to the counter to yak with the fellas, and I'm browsing the aisles, looking at bathroom accessories and stuff, when an old geezer came over, took me by the arm and said "now just you stop hiding back there, young lady, we all want to meet you" and led me over to the counter.

The store owner said "my wife told me last week she'd seen George Pavlik in Kroger's with a woman, and I told her it had to be one of his sisters. My wife insisted it wasn't, she knows Diane and Marie, and I said she must need her eyes testing. And then Joe told me yesterday that he'd seen George HOLDING HANDS with a girl in Lowe's parking lot! I knew it was only a matter of time before he showed his face here so we could get to the bottom of this!"

I was quite the curiosity - in a small town when you know everyone, they all want to know your business. I bet all those guys couldn't wait to get home so they could play "I know something you don't know" with their wives. And George stood there in his carhartts, beaming, and told them he'd finally met his "good gal".
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rantings of a sober madwoman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Essex, England, United Kingdom
Archives
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / February 2007 / February 2008 / May 2008 / August 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / March 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / October 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]