This life of mine
Thursday, April 13, 2006
  My nasty neighbour
So, yet again, for probably the sixth time in a year, I was woken in the early hours by a woman screaming in the flat upstairs, which is occupied by Vic, a charmless, no-neck ignoramus. This time the woman was yelling "Let me leave, I want to go!", followed shortly afterwards by her screaming that he was hurting her. Then she left, noisily, and yelled up at his flat "How dare you fucking beat me up!" Twice. (I mean she said it twice, not that he beat her up twice, although I wouldn't rule that possibility out completely.) She left, I didn't hear a car start, nor did he follow her out to take her anywhere. The yelling up at his place seemed to be more for effect than anything. Just what I needed at 4 am.

These don't appear to be women he's in a relationship with, by which I mean that he's obviously sleeping with them, but they don't seem to be boyfriend/girlfriend, so I suspect it's more of a business transaction. The women who visit him are all much younger than him, under 25 (he's probably late 50s) and kind of trashy looking, uneducated (from hearing them speak) and without their own vehicles.

It worries me.

Where do I draw the line between minding my own business and raising my concerns? Do I wait until someone's really seriously hurt?

Fine line stuff here which I am considering crossing.


 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rantings of a sober madwoman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Essex, England, United Kingdom
Archives
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / February 2007 / February 2008 / May 2008 / August 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / March 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / October 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]